Re: TPO at Jamendo.com

On 27 aug 2007, at 23.29, Raul Bonell wrote:

> http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/the.playing.orchestra/
>
> besitos,
> raul.

There's some almost-out-of-tune howling beauty in this music that I
really like! I can't describe it better, since it has a lot to do
with the attitude by which the guitars are played. I'm not usually a
big fan of guitar music that draws on the heritage from Robert Fripp,
but on this album those type of guitar sounds are sometimes used and
still sound fresh. The playing is sparse and commentating, as opposed
to "leading" playing that usually is more appreciated by the player
than by the listener ;-). In this music there's no barrier between
"sounds" and "melodic elements", which another aspect that makes it
enjoyable to listen to. Eh... for me, I do know people that would
feel sick and get a head ace from this music. Guess I'm just sick
enough to like it! Everything, even the techno inspired elements, are
playing "questions and answers" in the orchestration. It's "talking"
music. Organic. Evolving. It brings you somewhere. Sirdis shares
elements with other music that I like, for example jazz guitar player
John Abercrombie or Miles Davis period with the "crazy broken circuit
effect" guitarist Pete Cosey (Agharta), but Sirdis is not a guitar
album. There are also a lot of delay effects, synth filter sweeps and
a crispy vintage sounding drum machine, every little sound
interacting with each other.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)