Re: Expression Pedal - Alesis F2 Review

Thanks for all the othe pedal options. I am using the EV-5s  and I just
ran
into a problem. Since the EV-5s already have a cord attached to them with
stereo male end, I had to buy a few Hosa TSR adaptors. The problem is that
the adaptor wires are barely long enough to reach from the input and ouput
plugins of my Fireface 400 (yes, I am using them to control parameters in
max, rather than MIDI, which requires splitting the expression pedal
inputs
and creating a loop between input/output of the audio interface.  They do
connect, but I'm worried about the tension. Hence, I am thinking of
getting
two other pedals that don't have the cables already on them, but just the
jacks. Then I can just buy a TSR male to two mono quarter inch male patch
cord and not need any TSR Y-cables.

I conslidated the list of options:

Alesis F2 - $80 USD
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-F2-Expression-Pedal?sku=157505

Behringer - $25 USD
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-FCV100-Dual-Mode-Footcontroller?sku=150932

Yamaha - $70 USD
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-Dual-Volume-Pedal?sku=151553

Boss - $90
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/429697-REG/Boss_FV_500H_FV500H_Volume_and_Expression.html

The Alesis looks very attractive.  The m-audio, not shown above, looks
nice,
but it has a hard wired cable attached, like the EV-5.

Kris