Re: SM Pro Audio announce three VST/VSTi compatible hardware units

>From the video on sonicstate, it seems you just have to copy the dll to
>the
machine, no port is needed.
I guess you are right anyway the Mobius is a special case and tht's why we
love it so much ;-)

Ben
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Larson" <jeff.larson@sailpoint.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:00 PM
Subject: RE: SM Pro Audio announce three VST/VSTi compatible hardware units

Interesting.  My guess is that it's another Receptor-ish thing that
runs it's own proprietary operating system.  I tried to find out more
about the "Powered by VFX hardware platform" they mention but couldn't
find anything other than press releases.

Like the Receptor this will most likely only run VSTs that strictly
adhere to the VST and VSTGUI APIs and don't do *anything* that touches
the OS directly.  Mobius is not one of these.

I wish them well but for many VST developers this will be yet another
platform they have to port to.  I love their industrial design though.

Jeff