Re: Cd packaging

For those crafty-types, here's some video on how to make your own origami-like cd cases from paper.  On the right-hand side of the page are videos for different styles of cases.

http://www.instructables.com/id/CD-Case-from-normal-printer-paper./

You could stick one of those nubs Ted K mentioned in the middle of these things...

the other Ted.

Daryl Shawn <highhorse@mhorse.com> wrote:
For my old band's last release, I bought a quantity of brown recycled
cardboard CD mailers, then had a huge rubber stamp made to my design,
about eight inches wide. I managed to also find a huge red inking pad,
then individually stamped each cover. I made two other smaller stamps to
add a bit more info on the back, put the cd inside in a thin CD
envelope, and printed the liner notes myself which I also slipped
inside. They looked great and unique, and were really cheap to make, I
think the stamp cost me about $30 US and the mailers were less than a
dollar each. The final package was also easy to mail as they were nearly
flat.

(Here's a pic of a bunch of them drying - I underinked some for a
rougher appearance...http://www.mhorse.com/Gfx/snuff_floor.jpg)

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com

> the uline folders are great, but please consider this:
> the cd may get scratched by the carton when inserting/taking it out.
> the material is too strong to go through a printer. so you may have to
> work with glue/stickers or hand painting.
>
> smooth looping - tilmann
>
>> Someone on one of the lists I'm on (possibly even LD)
>> posted this a few months back:

"Indeed, naturally I think that a film should have a beginning, middle, and an end — but not necessarily in that order." Jean Luc Goddard