Re: DOES YOUR TOURING RIG DIFFER FROM YOUR HOME RIG?

My looping/touring rig...

==============================
MacBookPro

4space rack containing...

Motu Traveler
Oberheim Echoplex
Wireless In-Ears, Wireless Mic System
Triplite Rackmounted powerstrip

Behringer fcb1010,

occasionally, locally, a Novation RemoteSL 37, and an Eventide Orville. (sometimes if I have long-term residency, I ship my Orville as well. )

My recording rig at home is :

A Mac Tower, pre-intel, running a metric-halo Mobile I/O with Logic, run with a Mackie control, into which my looping rig goes...

So, I guess my short answer to the question is that my home and touring rig aren't really different at all, other than that I have more hardware accessible to me at home, which I'd use everywhere if I could afford to travel with it.

Traveling has made things difficult to be sure, even to the extent that during my upcoming tour to Poland in November, i'm planning on just taking my MacBook, a Motu Ultralite or even lighter, and my Behringer, that's it, no rack. We'll see.

Great thread this is, enjoying seeing everyone's setups!   Bests, Todd

September at Le Poisson Rouge with David Little and Newspeak, as well as Neil Rolnick's Economic Engine. In New York from the 1st to 17th.

http://blog.toddreynolds.com
http://myspace.com/toddreynoldsmusic