GLITCH VSTs for LOOPERS

There's a great thread on Glitch techniques and VST instruments that
accomplish it at the Electronic Music Production tribe
including some intriguing posts on non-plugin glitching techniques.

http://studioanoraks.tribe.net/thread/55cbf935-aa11-42e1-b50d-692d07bd9ad3

I have learned a ton from my fellow computer music producers through this
thread. It's worth a read,
but I've distilled the recommendations below as a reference for us here.

Also,  I can put in another plug for you folks to come join the
Audio Plugin Junkies Annonymous Tribe at tribe that I moderate.
You can ask questions about plugins in any format; for any OS and
get a really intelligent and informed reply back in 24-48 hours.
It's a great resource.  Come use it for free!

http://PLUGINS.tribe.net

Rick Walker

Here is the collation of all the VST instruments that they recommend, most
of which are free:

GLITCH VST effects

for the PC side:

mGtriggerGATE
(www.mgaudio.de/modules/main.php)

dBGlitch
illformed.org/glitch/

Smart Electronix' LIVE CUT VST
mdsp.smartelectronix.com/2005/...ut.php

A whole sweet of manglers called DARKWAVE
(beware the sexist graphics!!!!!)
www.jackdark.net/darkwarefree.html

and for the MAC side:

www.macmusic.org/softs/vie...N/id/2537/

Twerk's DRool String Ukelele (which has nothing to do with it's name)
It looks cool but I haven't tried it out yet.