Will this work as an easy alternative for EDP footswitch?

I don't know if anyone is familiar with plogue's 'bidule', but I have used it in the past, and it's a very advanced midi routing program. Essentially, I think that I could use a simple midi controller that only sends pcs, and translate those into specific velocity/channel/note controls, i.e. assign button 1 on my midi controller to trigger the release of a variable that triggers a function on the EDP.

Anyone worked with bidule or think this is possible?