Re: Best way to use EDP & tube amp w/out an effects loop?

A lot of stuff to chew on, including a number of strategies for combining amps w/an EDP I'd not even considered.

The most intriguing was using a pedal to create a loop, like the Radial Tonebone. I think, however, that the most useful for the purposes of an EDP (unless you're using a lot of other effects) might be the Xotic X-Blender. That creates a blendable parallel loop with a bit of boost & EQ, which sounds ideal. However, I don't know (yet) how the EDP would react or interact set to 100% wet output, then using the X-blender as the mix knob. While I do adjust output volume via expression pedal, I rarely touch the mix knob.

The Radial option seems tempting, as do some of the Barge Concepts (http://www.bargeconcepts.com/) offerings. The VBjr is only $105...but I'm wondering how well these will work. The Radial seems to have a preamp in there to blend in a truly parallel loop, but I'm not clear if that's the case with the VBjr, so the best case scenario would be one wherein I could blend 50% wet & 50% dry, but never, say, 100% dry with a variable amount of wet (which, I think, it what the Xotic does.)

Anyone have any experience with any of these guys?

One comment I want to respond to: