[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: Another EDP question

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to look into this Andy.

Problem solved (I think).  Tempo Select requires that sync=Out or OuS.  I 
had mine set to Out.  So, I changed it to OuS.  

But the effect on my 8th note quant problem wasn't immediately obvious; I 
then had to save my new preset, power down, then power up again.  Now all 
seems well.  

I didn't change any other parameters, so I suppose this must have been the 

You're right then, always worth checking the non-standard settings first.

btw, in your answer to my previous question you suggested playing around 
with SwitchQuant=CCY.  Thanks for bringing this powerful tool to my 
attention!  The ability to choose between various functions when going 
into a new loop is fantastic.  


--- On Sun, 12/21/08, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> From: andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: Another EDP question
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com, "Matthias Grob" 
> Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 2:24 PM
> Stephen Scott wrote:
> > I don't know whether I'm doing something
> wrong, or whether I have a slight fault with my EDP (running
> loop4), (or even if I've found a bug), but I've come
> across something unexpected...
> > 
> > At times, when I have quantize=8th, and I press either
> multiply or insert (rpl or sub), the EDP 'hangs'
> (display shows three waiting boxes indefinitely).  If I
> change quantize to off or cycle or loop, everything behaves
> as expected. Changing quantize back to 8th brings the
> problem back. (btw, I have 8ths/cycle set to 8, but I've
> tried other values, no difference.  Also, when in the
> hanging state, another press of the same button does resolve
> things of course).
> > 
> > This seems to be happening during and following use of
> a preset where I have 'tempo select' turned on. 
> However, if I then go to another preset (ie, one that
> doesn't use tempo select, the problem persists. 
> What's really weird is that if I then power down the EDP
> and then turn it back on again, the problem is sorted (until
> I next go to my 'tempo select' preset).  This seems
> kind of odd, because, I think, all current settings are
> retained in memory (? in preset 0), and recalled after
> powering off and on,
> yep, that's right.
> However, it seems that tempo select isn't saved to
> preset 0
> hmm,
> just wait while I look up how to save a preset ;-)
> > but in my case it seems that a rogue issue is being
> rectified (thankfully).
> > 
> > Any ideas why this is happening? 
> Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bug.
> That behaviour is what happens if you use quantize and
> use Subst of Replace by direct Midi. ( if you release the
> press while the ooo shows ).
> ...but you're using the Insert to do replace.
> However, following what you say here I didn't reproduce
> the behaviour.
> Possibly having Sync=In would have something to do with
> this,
> but I'm only guessing here. If you were sending
> midi-clock to the edp
> it would mess with the 8th Quant behaviour.
> > I don't know if any of my other settings are
> causing this.
> If you're keen to get to the bottom of this then
> a list of any non-default settings would help me to exactly
> duplicate
> what you did to get the result.
> ...and also an exact list of all actions after boot-up
> ....Because I'm clueless about this so far
> andy
> > 
> > Stephen Scott
> note to Matt....told you Stephen was a good tester :-)
> > 
> > 
> > 
> >       
> >