Re: Phiew.... guitar intonation - hard work!

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Douglas Baldwin <coyotelk@optonline.net>
wrote:
> Per, could you describe your fretted drop-B guitar a little more? The
> tuning, the guitar type, etc. Maybe I can recommend some string options
> try...?

Hi Douglas,

I'm using (low to high) 056, 044, 032, 024 (plain), 016, 012. And I'm
very happy with these strings. Just need to give the G-string one more
millimeter of length by replacing its tailpiece with a smaller one.
But it works fairly well in tune now, just some cents off.

The guitar is a Casio MG-510:
http://www.njaz.com/guitars/casio.htm

This guitar resonates better to this tuning than the normal tuning I
used it with before. I really like B! Not only for looping (doing bass
and stuff on the fly) but for the new way it sounds in general.
Shorter sustain, fatter sound, more prominent attack of notes - I like
all those things!

The pick-up is a DiMarzio Dual Sound. I find its high output mode dull
and only use it with coils in parallel - gives a brighter chord
picking for clean sounds a better "crash" for metal sound attack.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com