Re: Drum machine

Are you sure it wasnt the classic Dr Rhythm ... now THAT was a cool simple drum machine... there was a short time (guessing 1981) where EVERYONE had one (If you werent Thomas Dolby and could afford a Linn Drum!!!)

I also had the Casio, as mentioned, that was GREAT.. but HUGE!

But the nightmare is... palms sweating as I remember, That I OWNED A FUCKING 808!
.. and sold it...

what a doofus!

I remember doing a gig with the 808 back in 86-7.. just me and the 808... It was that bass drum you know.... phew...

thing is they dont make speakers that can handle that kinda bass no more... My Genulecs just go inside out

I'm reminiscing now... hose me down!

Mark

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:16 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
> Im relatively happy with the Boss Dr Groove or DR202,

I remember having a Dr Groove in the early eighties. Not sure it was
number "202" model, but it was great fun! Used a Roland TR808 too and
liked its patterns/songs based programming setup (same as I just
mentioned for the iDrum in my post replying to Rick Walkers software
take).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se