Re: Electro Harmonix Freeze - Vortex Patch

mark francombe wrote:
> Im running it after my Fireworx.. now I AM having
> issues with distortion actually.. now is that due to to high output from
> the fireworx into the Vortex

possible,
I always have the vortex input volume down around "9 o'clock"
for line level signals.
A small tweak makes quite a difference.

Ideal is that the red Overload LED only comes on when you hit
the guitar v.hard.
(although for sometimes that led also picks up overload within
   the patch)

> that the Vortex makes too high an
> output into my mixer?

Unlikely, the mixer *should* be able to
take it.

Probably it's just needs "millimeter precision calibration"
on the input knob of the vortex.

I've used the vortex as a DI (2005 gigs), and it *is* handy to
have enough gain to just plug in a guitar...but it means
the useful range for line level is awkwardly small.

andy