Re: Roland gr55

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Daniel Thomas <danielthomas4@mac.com>
wrote:
> Anyone else figure out how to drive arpeggio midi data into Mobius (Or
> any
> other SW looper) to manipulate pitch in real time?

Yes. For the track below I mocked up a related meta instrument idea by
two components: The Expert Sleepers live sampler Cross Fade Loop Synth
and a simple pattern sequencer of Bidule's. But the reason I call it
"a meta instrument" is that the pattern sequencer is set to switch
program on the same MIDI events I use for sped/rate shifting whatever
audio I layer in Mobius - so the bubbling sequencer line plays a short
sample of my acoustic instrument in a pre programmed pattern that
always fits to the new pitch my looper is turned into. In the example
below a flute was used as source sound and the bubbling baseline is
what this setup added:
http://erdemhelvacioglu-perboysen.bandcamp.com/track/metal-sky

But unfortunately I could never get a sound free from clicks and other
noise artifacts on the 2.2 Macbook I was using then. I don't have time
now, or the creative need for it in a project, but at some time along
the future path I will definitely go back to using this thingy on a
better computer :-))

Here's a more detailed description:
http://www.perboysen.com/steppophonic-looperformer-please-steal-this/