Re: BEST iPad Apps for LIVE LOOPING

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 6:34 PM, TripleOhNine <3x09@carlsonarts.com> wrote:
> Has anyone used these for live looping, and if so what has been your
> experience?  Thanks.

Hi Michael,

Not for looping in specific, but when TouchOSC native support was new
to Logic I tried using my iPhone4 to control Logic over wireless. I
did not experience any disturbing latency, it felt just like pushing
buttons on a transport bar (play, stop, rewind, mute track etc). Note
that this is about controlling software that supports OSC. I don't
dare to tell what the latency would be if having to translate OSC into
MIDI on the receiving side, like was done a lot before OSC support
became the norm (OSCulator, Missing Linke etc).

I remember reading some note from Jeff Larsson that he has bee working
on native OSC support for Mobius, so I guess you will be using that
when it gets out?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com