Re: Found the optimal tuning/string guage (Re: Baryton guitar strings/tuning?)

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
Mark, I know you love your baritone. What strings and tuning are you
using for it?

I have 2 baritones Per.
An OLP, which is some kind of cheap thing from Ernie Ball, This is my main guitar, its tuned to A, totally normal set of Baritone strings... this has 2 hexaphonic pickups and a Fernandez. I love this guitar..! Next purchase is to fit on to those country benders... what they called again...?

The other is Gretch, and is a kind of Bass IV therfore is simply an octave down. Its cool cos it has a Bigsby... This still has stock pickups (Gretch mini Humbuckers, I dont know much about pickups but they seem to be crap... extremely low output, causing me to turn everything up till it hisses...) and a taped on Hex pickup... Its very pretty, but all I use this guitar for is, pretending to be a bass, and occasional ultra loud surf guitar stuff... Kinda Cramps meets White Stripes meets Ennio meets ... oh I dont know... who else could I meet???

Um.. OH OH OH.. who knows Cop Shoot Cop..? Insanely cool band from NYC... 2 basses, one high one low... Yeah.. THATS what I play this guitar like... never looped it...

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com