Re: Fripp news

On 7 Sep 2012, at 05:29, Mark Hamburg wrote:

> I have heard that Fripp mostly makes money from real estate.

interesting... in some interview on youtube he said that he "only
recommends to become musician if there is no other option"

> I suspect this is mostly a matter of being fed up with dealing with the
> music industry. To the extent that he wants to make music, he may be
> making the call that it's simpler and less stressful to just do it at
> home for himself and Toyah and write off the industry.

right, but he could still upload some stuff on soundcloud for us

On 7 Sep 2012, at 06:46, Philip Conway wrote:

> Actually creating new stuff entails risks and overheads; extracting
> rents just requires a small army of lawyers and some posh offices.
> That's 21st Century capitalism for you - all gain, no risk!

yeah, the schizoid men... :-)

On 7 Sep 2012, at 10:54, Christophe wrote:

> I also seem to remember him taking a long sabbatical (I think he called
> it retirement then, too) between the Lark's Tongues period (which is
> still my favorite KC era) and the Discipline era over his
> dissatisfaction with the biz.

i remember that he took the break after Red (which I like a lot), saying
that the band had become "too commercial"

> I doubt his "retirement" will last forever.

agreed. he knows about deeper reasons to create music (being a Gurdjieff
student)