Re: Anyone here tuning guitars in fifths?

I have a mixed fourths and fifths tuning that I like - A or B at the bottom then E B F# B E.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Ted Killian <tedkillian@charter.net> wrote:
Per,

Since for the past 20 years or so I've been tuning the first 3 strings of my guitar C G D, I've often wondered what it would be like to continue tuning the other 3 strings in 5ths as well.

But because I use the tremolo bar so much, the very thought of all that extra tension on the high strings (and the tendency to break 'em) gave me pause.

I never did try it, nor any of the variants mentioned.

I pretty much have just stayed with my own weird C G D G B D tuning all these years.

Maybe I could get minor points for getting half way there.

I pretty much use that one tuning on all my guitars, except for my resonator which is tweaked up to D A E A C# E.

I wish you well on your experiments Per.

Ciao!

Ted