Re: Syncing Reaper to Mobius

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 7:15 PM, kay'lon rushing <k3zz21@gmail.com> wrote:
> I succesfully routed the loopback system, but reaper responds to midi
> clock
> very inaccurately and is unstable.

This is typical for a DAW. Such applications simply contain too much
coded functionality to slave sync well (especially to a tempo
flickering signal as the MIDI Clock protocol). A better choice than
Reaper would be to use some application that is not a DAW but rather
is designed for live music; i.e. no playback transport engine but just
basic mixer/patchbay/effects functionality. Examples of such
applications (that I know are stable and work well regarding receiving
a MIDI Clock signal and applying it to hosted tempo dependent effects)
are Ploque Bidule and Mainstage.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com