Re: Bidule crashes when Mobius in Host sync mode

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Fabio_A <eterogenus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your answer, Per.
> Not sure I've understand what you wrote.
> In Mobius, sync tab, I set the default sync source as "Host". Mobius is
> now
> supposed to wait for a pulse from the host, am I right ?

Yes, that is correct. But I am not sure how well Bidule follows the AU
and VST protocols - I mean, Bidule has its own synchronisation
protocol (that works very well).

> Then I set the Mobius bidule  to receive the sync from the transport. I
> set
> it to "Sync Transport".
> Now when I hit the play button on the transport, Mobius is supposed to
> receive the clock pulse from the Host and stay in sync with the
> transport' s
> tempo and meter settings.
> In my case, after I hit the play button, Bidule crashes.
> It doesn't happen if I disconnect all the audio cable going to the
> Fireface
> 400 output...weird !
> What's wrong whit this ?
> Still fighting with the machine here....

Check that you have Mobius and Bidule set to the same (digital) clock
frequency as you are running the RME at. I normally use 48 kHz but
44,1 works just as well. For the RME you can chose to make it the
synch master (not for musical sync, just for digital audio code synch)
or to adapt. Try both settings.

Also try the Bidule called "Synch". Connect it to the transport. Then
right click on the Mobius bidule and set it to synch to that Sync
bidule. And try also the Mobius setting "sync=In".

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen