PERSONAL PROFILES: Here's my plan

OK, folks, this is how I'd like to proceed.  I realize that not everyone
has had time to pipe in with objections, but for now I'll submit my
proposal and then see what objections there are.

My idea is to set up a database of loopists at Kim's site, to get an idea
of who is out there, where they are, what they're doing, etc.  This could
be cross-referenced by style, by name, and by geography.  I *don't* intend
for this to function as a comprehensive profile service, both in the
interests of keeping the database relatively orderly and also in the
interest of my ongoing mental health.  Rather, this should be thought of
as a sort of index of loopists, which can give an overview of the
different people in the field and provide links towards more in-depth
info about each of them.

So my proposal is for the following information to be listed:

NAME
AGE
ADDRESS
PHONE
E-MAIL
URL

PRIMARY LOOPING GEAR (or methodology for non-electronic loopists)
INFLUENCES
MUSICAL STYLE OR MAIN AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
ENSEMBLES
AVAILABLE RECORDINGS
CONTACT INFORMATION (if different from above)
PERSONAL STATEMENT (something reasonably informative yet concise would be
cool -- probably two to three paragraphs maximum).

Anyone who's familiar with the Stick web site can see that I've basically
followed their example.  My idea is for anyone who's interested to copy
the above info and forward it to me with their pertinent data.  I can
compile the results and forward them to Kim for upload to the
annihilist.com site.

Since I'm no HTML-er, and since it would be nice to keep the database
relatively orderly, I'm proposing that detailed technical schematics,
visuals, etc. be kept to a minimum (and if necessary, sent to Kim so that
someone who actually knows what he's doing can deal with them). Obviously,
links would be provided for those with a URL.

Any of the above information in the form should be considered optional.
If anyone has suggestions for additions or improvements, then let me know.
But to set a timetable, let's say that unless any other changes are
suggested, then the above format will take effect starting this upcoming
Monday (the 30th).  Starting then, people can e-mail me their profiles.
I'll wait an additional week (until the following Monday, October 6th, at
least, possibly later depending upon my class schedule), at which time
I'll send them to Kim.

Obviously the 6th isn't a final deadline for inclusion, but it'll be
easier to ensure that your profile gets up on the web with the initial
batch.

So let me know what you think of this; barring any objections, you can
start sending your stats to me on the 30th.

Loop on,

--Andre