Re: sustainor

>so, about these fernades sustainors... who what when and where can I get
>the
>parts from? Fernandes isn't entirely helpful, do you have a contact there?
>Dealers seem to be useless.
>
>I'll be perusing pawn shops in NYC
>
>collier

I'm not sure about the parts. I've heard that you have to get it special
ordered from Japan, and it costs $400 in the US. I've met the Artists
Relations Director from Fernandes, he might be able to help although he's
probably not the right guy. His name is Scott Uchida, phone = 818-988-6790.

>From what I've heard, once you've bought the parts and had it installed,
you've probably spent more than it would have cost to buy one of their
guitars with it built in. And since the tolerences have to be fairly exact
for it to work right, you have to find a tech that knows how to do it
properly.

I bought the guitar at a sale at Bananas at Large. Cost $300 and worth it,
I think.

kim