linguistic again

This one is not serious but fundamental at the same time, because things
start to exist when we give them a name (as the bible starts).

>well, well... i think the word we're looking for here is 'echoplicis' -
>from '-plex,-plicis'- it's a suffix usually formed from numeric words;
>more or less like saying '-fold' as in 'hundred-fold'.
>there's also 'plexus-a-um', the past participle of 'plecto, plectere' - to
>braid or plait... which one was the intended, kim?

Loved your analisis. No intention. Just marketing (getting some old hippies
that remember the tape echoes of the 60ies :-> )
I think there is only one root to the word "plec-" with the idea of "fold".
Unfortunately, later the plastic came up and -plex was used a lot to give
an idea of "flexible" (which comes from "flec-" to a name and for me it
ended up sounding plastic all together.

---

Kim stated according to Don:
>Echoplex/Echoplecis
>Vortex/Vortices

Consequently:
To echoplecter the sound
A sound is echoplexo
Musica echoplexa
 I 'plecto my guitar
 you 'plectis your drum... just for 'plectomaniacs!

To me, the root is LOOP and the derivatives sound much handyer:

to loop (portugese: loopar, german: loopen)
looper (machine)
loopist (musician)
loopero (manufacturer)
loopy clima
looped music  (port: musica loopada, ger: geloopte Musik)
to loop away (let the sound take over) (german: abloopen)
to loop over a recording (give it the touch)

How would be the place to do it or to sell the machines? In port:
loopadeira

any more?

Matthias