vortex / steim

hi all,

1. I just came back from a London shopping weekend. Tried to buy a Vortex
but wasn't successful - all Vortices were gone, and everybody kept telling
me that Lexicon has discontinued making them.

2. bought Eno's diary 'A Year with Swollen Appendices' (looking forward
a lot to reading that) as well as David Toop's 'Ocean of Sound' book and
CD.
Almost finished the book already. A must for anyone interested in 'new
music' or, as Toop prefers, 'open music', from Varese to Free Jazz, from
Eno
to the Minimalists. Very informative, and a great read. I was already 70%
finished writing a 'History of Looping' page for our Looping website, but
this book gave me a couple of new infos and insights so I'll have to rework
parts of the page.

3. Continuing the Buchla / strange Midi controllers thread: Be sure to
visit
the site of Amsterdam's STEIM center at
http://www.dds.nl/~steim/intro(eng).html
if you're interested in unusual instruments and controllers.

-Michael