Re: TC Sustain and noise in general

>> Along these lines, anyone know where I can get ahold of a TC Electronics
>> Sustain/Para Eq pedal?
>
>I don't think they make 'em any more, and they're hard to find.  You
>might get lucky, though.  I got mine a few years ago for $30, from a
>local shop that handles lots of vintage and used stuff (really good
>guy, incidentally.  "Somewhere in Iowa Guitars" at 319-362-2526.

Thanks for the tip - I called him and I'm on his "want" list.  Any other
tips?  If anyone else out there sees a deal like this, let me know!  I saw
one at the Guitar Center in Hollywood recently for $100.  I went back two
days later to get it and it was gone - I still have bruises from kicking
myself.  It's true, they don't make these anymore.

To what extent might it be possible to use this newsgroup as sort of a
nationwide (or worldwide?) resource for finding some of those hard-to-find
pieces of gear that are helpful to us?  I go to used stores quite a bit, as
I'm sure a lot of us do.  Maybe if there was a short list of things to keep
an eye out for, we could inform the group?

Also, along the TC lines, has anyone had any experience with their Noise
Supressor/Line Driver/Distortion pedal, also no longer made?  Is it up to
the
same TC standards?

>If you need a guitar compressor and find one, snatch it up
>immediately!  Clean, smooth compression, parametric eq, noise
>suppression and silent electronic footswitching in a bulletproof box.
>I believe David Torn uses one as well, for the celebrity angle.

As does Bill Frisell.

Ken R