Re: Compression Device & Placement

David Kirkdorffer :
>I have a mono f/x & guitar rig.  Using a stereo compressor, I've found
>adding
>two levels of compression to be quite interesting.
>
>What I do is add a first level of compression after any floor f/x and
>before
>any other rack-mounted units.  I do this to smooth out drastic level jumps
>from combining varous floor pedals to avoid clipping distortion on
>rack-units.

The most interesting place for me is to limit before distortion so the
+Gain+ in the distortion cirquit is an acurate control over the overtones
created.

>The second level of compression I add after all other racked f/x and
>before
>my Echoplex to help avoid overloading the sensitive input on the 'Plex.
>This
>second level of compression tends to thicken my general sound too.

Did you try to use the Plex' internal compressor for this? Its just a
simple limiter, simple to access by simply overloading the input...

Matthias