Re: Bug or Feature -- anyone else experience this?

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996 SayAaahh@aol.com wrote:

> The trouble is when I bring in the note quietly, my Echoplex -- while
>passing
> the sound to my amp -- waits until there is enough gain to RECORD it so
>the
> beginning of the sound seems to be clipped-off.
>
> Now I know there IS a very cool feature to turn RECORD on when a note is
> played  and the "trigger-gain-sensitivity" can be set.  I've used it
>once or
> twice.  But I turned this feature off.  In fact, I've RESET the machine
>twice
> to make sure I've turned it off.

I've run into this too.  I *always* use the trigger-record method; I
can't remember the last time I didn't have it engaged.  And I too use a
lot of volume-swell/post-Holdsworth/Torn/Rypdal/(insert name here)
effects in my loops; I also noticed that the very earliest parts of this
fade-in were lost in the recording.  I had previsouly assumed that this
was symptomatic of the threshold record feature, but given what you've
said, as well as the recent revelation with the noise gate, I think it's
another side-effect of the internal noise reduction system, which I don't
believe can be easily sidestepped with the original software.  You might
try compressing the signal...

--Andre