Re: Bug or Feature -- anyone else experience this?

I can't for the life of me understand why the Echoplex would have such a
feature unless the noise it is attempting to limit is its own ... call me
crazy.  If you are challeneged to use a volume pedal in your playing and
are unable to get subtle nuances of dynamic change at low volume level it
begins to shape the music in ways that appear counterproductive.  I've been
thinking of "ramping up" to the Echoplex from my JamMan, but you guys scare
me.  If it requires this much tweaking to do the simpliest of maneuvers, is
it still worth it??