eberhard weber

> -- Loopists are always thinking about how to expand their looping time,
> but I've found some of the most interesting loops tend to happen within
> very short timeframes.
>
> --Andre

I just picked up a copy of an album called "Pendulum" by Eberhard Weber
(on ECM).  It's all double bass and loops, with a few tasteful overdubs.
The thing that caught my ears right away was that the majority of the
loops are around 1 second or less.  I have been falling into the trap of
longer loops than neccessary, and this recording is a great reminder of
the effectiveness of good short loops.  In addition to the loop aspect,
it's a beautiful album compositionally.  Very inspiring stuf.

-Jon