Re: Performance Theory

Hi all.

Personally, as a live performing (and that mostly solo) loopist it's
certainly true that I have had to address the uncomfortable fact that
(except
to another gearhead) I am about as interesting to watch as refridgerator
mold.

To counter this I have tended to select alternate venues (art galleries,
music schools, "new music" festivals and/or seminars, or obsure clube that
have a ready-made audience for this sort of thing on a regular basis).

In other situations I have made sure that the audience had **something
else**
to look at besides me (whenever possible) doing music for modern
dance/ballet
ensembles, video artist/animated computer graphic designers, poets,
performance artists, live film with the sound turned off, etc. etc. I know
that as far as traditional "showmanship" go basically I'd be a flop
anyway. I
don't exactly have the moon-walk moves down yet...

My advice is to simply be as true to your muse as possible. If people have
short attention spans, that is not your fault (or theirs for that matter).
It's just an unfortunate fact of life. But, there are ways around
everything.
And all things are possible in the end.

Ted