exchanging ideas

hi all,

I'm currently busy turning the 'Personal Profiles' list into HTML. The
information contained in this list is too diverse to use quick macros so I
have to do it manually which might take another couple of days (no, I'm not
working on it all day <g>).

While reading all your different profiles again, I thought I'd really love
to *hear* what you all do. Maybe a few of us have homepages and can offer
some of their music as files, others don't. It would be nicer to have
cassette compilations with works of each of us.

I'm participating in an ambient music circle (based on the mailing list
ambient-circle@cs.cmu.edu) which sends several cassette tapes around.
Everyone eventually receives a tape, puts a selfmade piece on it, and
forwards it to the next person on the list. This way (in theory), there
should eventually be several tapes full of music of all participants which
can circled around so that everybody can make a copy.

The ambient tape circle idea sounds great but doesn't seem to work because
the circled tapes tend to get stuck with lazy participants.

I'd love to have tapes of many different loopers. I wonder if the
participants of the looping list would be interested in such a project.
Maybe there's several possible ways to do it, or related ideas.

If anyone is interested in creating a tape list, it is sufficient to send
me
a private email - I can collect the names and post the results on the list
later.

-Michael   100041.247@compuserve.com