Re: lobbying for upgrades.

Jon Durant wrote:
> I don't know what Eventide are dooing loop-wise. I do know tey've got a
> rediculously priced "guitar" version of the DSP4000, but apparently it
>doesn't
> sound so great (from the mouth of DT), and it looks really lame. Like a
>bad ART
> box. Really. TC Electronics does have the 2290, the preferred delay
>device of
> mssrs. Fripp and Gunn.

A couple of things: Fripp is currently using four 2290's while Trey
doesn't
use one at all.  (Fripp has enough for both?!)  Also, on Trey's great
sounding
new album, "The Third Star", he uses the eventide box almost
exclusively.
He's got the long sampling board option in his box.

Also, a friend at Eventide tell me that they're working on the
DSP/GTR4500.
This would have four independent inputs and outputs, stereo looping
ability
of up to six (or was it eight) minutes using standard 72 pin simms, and
too
many other features to recall.

Later,
Jonathan