Re: MIDI Loops

Matthias Grob wrote:

> Since you seem to understand programming:
> How far away from a handy looping set are the comercial sequencers?
> Which comes closest?
> Should we try to convince one to include our trip?
> Its a composition tool, after all...

Not difficult at all.  Many are already adding inline midi fx now,
with delays (too short though, and no feedback), and transpositions.
Perhaps pinging the sales reps will help with the necessary details.
What I'd like in particular is that Digidesign add additive-cycle-
recording to their DAE software so one can loop while recording,
or at least if they'd publish the interface specs to their drivers
so others can.

> Jim again, full of valuable experience:
> >One can do feedback using Max, but the "code" to do that
> >has to manually remove notes when their volume (midi velocity) reaches
> >zero, otherwise the delay line can end up with a large number of
> >notes that are not played, ultimately slowing down the system.
>
> Understandable. So you created that code? For the rest of us?

Well, it's been a few months since I looked at it, and I believe
it was in a bit of a mess....  I may be able to dig out the
essential delay component in the next few weeks.

IRCAM (www.ircam.fr) used to have a big max site, but I can't seem
to find the max stuff anymore, maybe the Opcode site has
replaced it.

jim