Re: Steve Reich & Musicians

>>murkie writes:
>>>
>>>i agree wholeheartedly about reich's compositional superiority to glass
>>>(yawn).
>>
>>Another vote for Reich over Glass.  I find Glass horribly repetitive
>>(not in a good way).  To me, all his pieces "sound the same", in the
>>sense of using the same sort of harmonic movement.  I just can't
>>listen to it anymore.
>>

>>Maybe one day I'll find an appropriate Reich piece, and make a tape of
>>Koyanisquatsi (sp?) with it dubbed in.  ;-)
>
>Ummm .... Paul writes, cautiously
>
>I am of the opinion that polarizing the work of Reich and Glass is
>unnecessary.

Especially the dissing Glass bit.  Let's be a little more openminded here,
folks!!

Michael
Who enjoys Glass.

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
        "Everything in moderation, including moderation" (Zen Proverb)