Re: Re[2]: Vortex Applications Notes

I wrote, in part,

>>selfsame pump sank like a stone as I read, down at the very bottom,
>>those dread words:  "A Harman International Company."

To which Matthias responded,

>As fusions go on, soon you will read "Made by Mankind Inc." and after the
>first error (which you will certainly discover after 5 minutes, in the
>future) you are forced to buy only from other planets...

Very likely, and a possibility I've considered--especially given the
trend toward decreasing corporate/government liability, at least in the
USA. :-(

There's a happier possibility, though:  Looking at trends in CAD, CAM,
the growth of the Internet, etc., I can imagine in the not too distant
future a Kim Flint, Jon Durant or Matthias Grob being able to design,
manufacture, and sell a musical device working largely alone, using
off-the-shelf multipurpose chips, software, and even PCBs, and marketing
on the Web.

Another possibility:  How long will it be before this Pentium 133 I'm
using (which came with *two* MIDI sequencer programs and WAV audio
software) shrinks to palmtop size, for a third of the price--and I can
design my own looper, morphing FX, etc.?

John                              Email:  johnpollock@delphi.com
Troubador Tech on the Web--http://people.delphi.com/johnpollock/