Re: Vortex Applications Notes [Redux]

>Hi all:
>
>Sorry I've been so tardy and awful about getting the Vortex App notes up.
>promise to soon, however, I've been swayed by a most wonderful
>applications
>program called Deck II by Macromedia (multi-channel hard disk recording
>for
>the PowerMac) and it's EXCELLENT.
>
>In other words, multi-track, CD quality, digital hard disk recording with
>NO ADDITIONAL HARDWARE.
>
>My looping overfloweth.  In fact, Deck II is so amazing that it actually
>means I
>can do real, stereo, multi-tracking instead of my usual 4-track "some
>tracks are
>mono, some are stereo" demos.
>
>I can even take a phrase I like and loop it indefinetely.  It's superb.

I remember that first flush of joy at using Deck well, suddenly it seems
that you have incredible power. Deck is a great piece of software, not
without quirks and even a few bugs, but very powerful. I edited and
mastered our first CD on it 18 momths ago, and now we're working on the
2nd.

>If you want info on this, let me know - I've found rather cool web-sites
>discussing it.  Any Mac owners MUST pick-up the January issue of MacAddict
>as the included CD-ROM includes a fully functional (except you can't save
>your work) version of Deck II and SoundEdit 16 (among other expensive cool
>sound type apps).

Do you know about the deck-users list? It's very handy.

>Now, I will be entering the much desired notes on the net here soon - I
>just
>need to take the time and DO it.

Great, I expect my Vortex to arrive any day now...

Dave Trenkel, NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: improv@peak.org
self promotional web-site: http://www.peak.org/~improv/
"A squid eating dough in a polyethelene bag is fast
and bulbous, got me?"
                                     -Captain Beefheart