BYO loopers/FX

Matthias
>>All we need
>>is to know whether there exists a market for such a box (or whether it's
>>viable to build one for the few we know that want 'em - like everyone
>>here..)
>Yes, yes... seems to be real simple, huh?
>I built 100 LOOP delays and with the help of some friends we sold them in
>year. Some people got angry because they were more expensive than a
>comparable mass product and less good tested and we had some trouble...
>not
>that bad, but rather for younger people who can stand to loose sleep...

Fortunately, the pendulum seems to have now swung our way - having a
hand-built item is considered an advantage!

>How many of you guys could afford a PCM80 under this condition?

No Way.

>I do not doubt that the market exists, but how to reach it best?

Review in GP?  Favourable, of course!!!

If we're producing items in small runs, would we benefit from
specifically-targeted FX? You know, the Allan Holdworth 8-delay system,
etc.
Would there be a market for the Hex Fuzz simulator - 10 narrow bandpass
filters with fuzz ccts following, so that if you play a chord each note
falls into a different filter and gets fuzzed (ie converted to square wave)
separately? Ideal for the Robert Fripp types.  And so on.

Just a few thoughts, usually developed when walking my dog.

Michael

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
        "Everything in moderation, including moderation" (Zen Proverb)