Re: radio shack optimus pro x7 monitor speakers

While I have little experience with mixing/recording, I have always heard
(and heard the wonderful result of) of using crappy speakers to mix an
album/cd/dat/whatever.  The logic behind it being that if you can engineer
the sound to sound good on crappy speakers, then it'll sound GREAT on good
speakers.  The perfect example that comes to mind was a band that I was
really good friends with.  When mixing down their self produced first album
all monitoring was done out these little 4 inch numbers that looked like
they were pulled out of any portable stereo.  At the end of the process,
the tape was sounding pretty damn good considering the speakers, but when
popped in the house stereo it sounded incredible....and still to this day I
think it's one of the best mixed albums I've ever heard, especially in
headphones. :)

Perhaps I'm off base with this since, to be honest, I don't know what A-B
process you're referring to.  So take these words with a grain of salt. :)

My own humble opinion,
        Todd P.