Re: Compressors?

>I just picked up a dbx 260 compressor gate from K-Mart (guitar center).
>It
>works fine, good hard and soft knee compression and gate,  Also like the
>fact
>that the interface is very intuitive, unlike any of my Lex or Oberheim
>products
>(sigh).  Set me back $169.-- versus $199 for the Alesis product....  At
>that
>price,
>makes the nanocompressor seem way overpriced - besides who really needs
>half spece rack efgfects anyways...

Speaking of which, any comments on the Boss 1/2-rack
Compressor-Limiter-Gate produced about the same time as the SE50?  There's
one going used in town.

Michael

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
    "Wha's like us?  Damn few, and they're a' deid!" - Scottish proverb