Starting again

Paolo said "X, Y, and Z had pretty
much said everything I ever wanted to say on guitar so I stopped playing
the
guitar. I haven't played it seriously in almost a year now.  I mostly
played
Chapman Stick.  Most recently I bought a little drum made in Pakistan, a
pair of drumsticks, and have begun practicing some of the 26 standard drum
rudiments.

At present, I feel like I am on an extended vacation from the guitar.
Playing the Stick reminded me of my childhood piano playing experience"

Ohhh, but it is your duty to find a way. This is a problem you'll meet
again on the Stick, but just later. There a comfortable situation in
learning. Since you LEARN things quite basic you don't master, you don't
have to work too much on the voice. All the things to do come in a good
part from "upstairs" and you don't have too much to invent it. It has been
tested and done before, you what you are practicing when you start anew
does not require to much mind work and involvement. I think.
That's clear that finding this "voice" is as secure as walking a slippery
wodd plank with sharks waiting for you under. It is also clear that most
of us will never succeed. It is also  clear that we will quite all try
anyway, as long as possible. That is a kind of grail to me (with this
human kwoledge I alked about a few post before). It may be a reason among
others of course that make some of us  pursue multi intrumentalism. It has
also the ablity to distract you from what was before a main axe to
"master".
As far as psychology is concerned, I think the "beginner status" is more
comfortable. You see and seek magic, and you figure, just learn it and
work. The more I'll work, the more I'll know, and I'll be a magician
myself. Then years later, it looks sometime like crookery. I worked, and
again. Am I a magician? not yet. It's been years now, I'm not sure I will
ever be. The skills were the easy part. But I'll never stop. Ever.

Olivier malhomme