Synching a Vortex?

 I forwarded a message of this kind before.

Should we invite them to transfer this discussion to the loop list or
transfer ours about Vortex to Synth-diy (where there are more solder iron
interested) or
...found a Vortex list? :-)

>Date: Thu, 30 Jan 97 18:06:48 -0500
>From: "Arnim X. Sauerbier" <arnims@usa.globelle.com>
>To: synth-diy@horus.sara.nl (DIY)
>Cc: ajl@bitstream.net (Andrew Lunstad),
>        satti002@maroon.tc.umn.edu (Chris Sattinger), redbooklab@aol.com
>Subject: Synching a Vortex?
>Sender: owner-synth-diy@horus.sara.nl
>
>Hi folks!
>
>Not a synth question, but a musical DIY topic nonetheless:
>
>I've got a Lexicon Vortex (worth the $149 sale price IMHO).  It lets the
>user set delay times by tapping a 'delay/tap' button twice.  The box has
>no MIDI interface, but I'd like to sync the delays to my MIDI sequences!
>
>I was thinking of the following hack:  use one of the outputs of my drum
>machine as a click, then build some kind of circuit that closes the
>contact of the 'tap' switch whenever a voltage peak (from the drum
>machine) is detected.
>
>What would such a circuit look-like?  Perhaps a transistor that triggers
>a relay that closes the 'tap' button?
>
>What would you do?  Any other solutions that wouldn't involve using-up an
>output on my Drumstation?
>
>Thanks!  Sorry for my glaring ignorance.
>Arnim

Then the answer of Gene Stopp who is an experienced synth inventor. His
posts are nice, clear and fundamented:

Then Saul Stokes <n9540283@gonzo.cc.wwu.edu>

>Hi Gene, I thought I would let you know that I would also be interested
>in a circuit like this if you decided to think one up.  There's probably
>quite a few people actually.

...and another few on this list?

Matthias