Casio VZ Synth

Hi everyone on the LO_OP ^_^

John Pollock wrote
>Casio VZ synthesizers.  In addition to the implications of their
>12-second delay capability (already noted on this list and my Web site),
>the VZ's combination of modulation possibilities allows creation of
>extremely long, subtly (or dramatically) changing sounds, containing
>both repetitive and non-repetitive elements.  It's not looping, but
>there are obvious similarities.

I worked with Casio in the US on this machine and the FZ samplers when they
came out in '87 I think; and I have the complete Casio 'pro audio' line.
(now deleted)

PG380 Guitar
VZ1 Keyboard (the VZ10 & 8M are the rack version)
FZ10M's Sampler modules (the FZ1 was the keyboard version)

I still run Notator (C-lab) software on Atari. (If it aint broke..etc.etc.)
At the same time in a different partition I run the Dr. T editor for the VZ
Synth (This is an incredible editor, controlling EVERY SINGLE operator
seamlessly)
This enables me to edit a sound on the computer, send it to the keyboard,
write a RAM card, then stick it straight into the Guitar.

The VZ is one of THE most programmable synth's on the planet. I have many
sounds as described by John. All created almost out of thin air....
There's a great 'randomise' command on the editor, does it all for you, if
you want!  ^_^

BTW
I have had quite a few messages of welcome to this list. Thanks to everyone
who wrote esp. Paulo; and Matthias thanks for the Revox info! Hi everyone!!
Great list Kim! Very friendly people, I must say!
P&L>M
(Sorry someone ^_^  put the wrong URL for the chord picker, now correct)

   MARK HEWINS
     < http://www.musart.co.uk/hewins.htm >
        (try the new CHORD PICKER)
                         < http://www.musart.co.uk/script/chords.htm >

      OR
MUSART - THE CANTERBURY SCENE MUSICIANS
                 http://www.musart.co.uk/
        300+webpages - over 10,000 hits a week
               Subscribe to "What's Rattlin'" the weekly
  CANTERBURY MUSIC ON-LINE NEWSLETTER
    bigbang@mail.alpes-net.fr (with the message-subscribe)
              THE EMBRYONIC, 'SOUND SERVER'
         <  http://www.musart.co.uk/fram/samfram.htm >