archiving

Since after the following old mail there was no interest shown, aehm...

 *trash the archive*, Kim!

Helow, newer list users!

I wonder whether you are helped with our archive and whether its worth the
effort for you to catch up with all that has been said?
I think it is, because a lot of fundamental thinking happened when it was
all new.

I once started the condensed version to save you from diging through all
the headers, repetitions and wild mix of different subjects, some of them
even outdated.
Does anyone apreciate it? It takes some time to do it (it took me 2-3 hours
to do what there is). And there is a lot of newer good stuff to add to it.

I thought that someone who is about to study the archive might be the right
person to do this work because
- he is going through the mails anyway and copy pasting is quick
- he is one of those that profit from our initial work, so its fair

What do you think?
Matthias