music places in SF?

Vacation time. In 2 weeks, I'll be leaving rainy Germany to get fried in
the American southwest (May) and hang out in San Francisco (1st week of
June). I'd appreciate recommendations for (music related and other) places
to go, especially cool music hardware shops in SF, and those obscure record
shops where I can find unusual music. Also, if anyone of you will be doing
concerts at this time, maybe I could make it there.

Michael Peters
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters

HOP - Fractals in Motion ..."the only screen saver you'll ever want"
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters/hop.htm

Support the Warr Guitar Defense Fund
http://home.earthlink.net/~greendog/warrfund.html