Re: Hayden Porter

Hayden,
you wrote:

> What I need is an instrument that has the classical string width spacing
AND has steel strings.  With this combination I can explore long sustain
and signal processing with conventional electric guitar technology while
not affecting my technique.  Any suggestions?

- Get in touch with the guitar builders at Ithaca Stringed Instruments...
they have some incredible electro-acoustic instruments, and will also
custom
design/build stuff. I currently have a nylon-string guitar and a
steel-string; both of which interface beautifully with all my
looping/processing gear. I've used them both on tours with exceptional
results.
You can reach them by vox/fax at
607-397-3544 and they'll send you a catalogue. Great stuff, really!

have fun!