Re: Sustainers and pickups

>Does anyone know if Michael Brook is involved with either of these
>sustainer devices.  He had plans to bring his infinite guitar device
>to the market.  Or is his system still to come?

Brook has always been somewhat evasive on the particulars of the Infinite
Guitar, saying that he's considered marketing it and didn't want to give
away the secret.   All I've ever seen him say is that there are some
electronics in the guitar, and more in a unit on the floor.   He also
maintains that the IG is slightly different from the other systems
available.  There are only three in existence--Brook, The Edge and Daniel
Lanois each have one,  all of which were built by Brook.   Recently I saw
something where he said that he didn't think that he'd pursue selling it,
since he realised that he'd have to sell 800 of them to make as much
money as he does off one session.  I also remember someone attacking him
about his air of secrecy, claiming that he'd "borrowed" a lot of the idea
from the Roland GR-500.

Travis Hartnett