VG-8 and hexaphonic processing

then Kim Flint wrote:
>The VG-8 is basically making use of this too. Many of it's functions
>involve
>processing each string individually. It opens up a lot of possibilities.

My understanding is that even though the VG-8 is a super powerful harmonic
remodling signal processor it will not allow for signal processing each
string individually.  I believe you do things like panning each string
individually but not have different effects assigned to each string in the
way that guitar synths allow for different patches to be assigned to
different strings.  Please correct me if I am wrong about this.

I am very interested in this concept of assigning different sounds to
different strings.  One of the things that makes the guitar so special is
that it is the only polyphonic instrument that can also be multi-timbral
whether acoustic or electric.  With hexaphonic pickups the multi-timbral
part can really be explored in the electronic realm where the variety of
sounds is limitless.

Please let me know about if the VG-8 can assign different sounds to
different strings.

I look forward to your replies.

Hayden Porter
hporter@uakron.edu