Re: Dork has more to say

mmason wrote, in part:

>      I've got a Fender Musicmaster Bass amp, a 12 watt tube amp from
>1978.

That's one of my Holy Grails! :-0

>      She sounds decent, but she makes a CRAPLOAD of noise.
>
>      Any of you techno-smart loopin folks know any ways I could quiet her
>      down?

Sure.  Pull the power plug. ;-)

Two serious suggestions:

1.  Verify that the noise is generated in the amp, and not something
upstream in the signal chain.  If the noise is gone with nothing plugged
into the input, the amp most likely isn't the problem.

2.  If it is the amp, check out alt.guitar.amps on Usenet.  There are
many gurus, mavens and wizards there whose greatest joy is answering
this kind of question.

Good luck!
--
John Pollock