Re: Ravel as a looper

Hayden Porter wrote a fundamental thing very well:

>It seems to me that all good composition is
>the proper balance of repetition and variety.  Repetition is necessary for
>consistency and variety is necessary to intrest the audience. The amount
>of
>repetition or variety is a matter of personal taste.

... and the purpose (aplication field) of the music - I might add.

(here was a lot more very interestin "Rambling" as he called it...)

>-What do you consider to be the your most effective compositional
>technique(s) when creating live looped music that relies on technology to
>produce the loops?

Short loops to create expectations / tension (film music!)
Longer loops to create ostinatos or ondulating background carpets.
Long loops to lay back and doodle away in peace.