Re: Sustainer Update

>Problem is, this needs to be done right, so I'm asking everybody for
>suggestions on this... any idea what's required?  I'm just going for a lot
>of bigger-gauge turns - we'll have no idea of the impedance 'till it's
>built - but does anybody have any ideas of the impedance of the Fernandez
>neck pickup?  Or the current flowing into it, at least? (You guys with
>Fer.
>guitars could measure this by checking the draw from the batteries)

If you want to copy the one that works, better buy one.
If you want to reinvent it, do it with your inspiration and suffering, it
might end up better than the existing! ...and certainly different,
individual...

>I'm guessing (literally!!!) that I'll need a Z of about 100ohm, producing
>current of about 100mA - a total draw of about 1 Watt.   Is that OK or a
>bit too extreme?  Is 10ma sufficient (I'm guessing it probably isn't)?
>Opinions, _please_!!

Why not 50ohms to meet an old standard, or even 8, to meet another?
It mainly depends on how you power the thing.