Re: Looping-in-London-strand-morphs-into-vortex

In a message dated 08/06/97  6:31:178:23, you write:

<< In a message dated 6/7/97 8:53:15 PM, Andy from the UK wrote:

 <<I'll be using some quite unusual  Vortex patches.>>
 Why not post some example parameters...if you've got any to spare?
 dpc

.          Atmosphere B   DejaVu B
mix             64               64<<<<<<adjust mix if not using with a
mixer
output         64               64
modFXlevel  64               64
EchoFXlevel 64               64
morphAB     20               50
Envelope      2                  1
echo 1-:-      3                  4
echo 2-:-      4                  4
feedback 1   61               64
feedback 2    1                 3
rate 1            3                13
depth 1         33               33
resonance 1  45               45
rate 2            24               24
depth 2         16                55
resonance 2   2                 64
Load these 2 into a pair of registers, start off with the "atmosphereB"
patch
and tap in about 2.5s to give a long polyrhythmic delay.
When you morph the 3/8 & 2/4 loops that have built up seperately are taken
and
joined end to end to make a 7/8 loop which is heavily flanged( as is any
further i/p,
which isn't added to the loop).
Of course this works better in stereo , the loop is panned at a different
rate to the
flange.
Gradually the loop decays towards a simple pulse.

This is probably my best patch so far, and was created with extensive
use of the manual.

Currently I'm working on a database for the vortex so that anyone can
submit
patches. I'll let you all know when it's running .(Any suggestions?)

     Andy (UK)